Legacy Parents, Students and Student Life Group Leaders,
There will be NO in-person Student Ministry programming for the following Wednesdays:
Wednesday, 29 April 2020
Wednesday, 6 May 2020
Wednesday, 13 May 2020
Wednesday, 20 May 2020
Wednesday, 27 May 2020
Legacy Student Ministry wants to be advocates of social distancing during this time of pandemic uncertainty, but we also want to be advocates of gospel community within the body of Christ. Therefore, on Tuesday, 26 May 2020, parents, students, and student Life Group leaders will receive a text and/or email update that lays out the coming week's plan. For the time being, we will continue to provide virtual opportunities for students to remain plugged in to their gospel community. Our main goal is to stay connected as a family during this time of advised social-
distancing by the CDC.
Here's an article of encouragement to ALL parents, students and student Life Group leaders: Should Christians Be Anxious About the Coronavirus?
What This Means for Parents:
On Tuesday, 26 May 2020, you will receive a text and/or email update (stated above).
EVERY TUESDAY, you will receive an email/text from Daria that includes the Weekly Parent Newsletter and a personalized video from Nick Rogers (Student Minister).
ALL UPCOMING EVENTS in April, May and June have been officially cancelled.
- Transition Dinner (incoming 6th-graders – 28 April 2020)
- MS + HS Transition Event (1–2 May 2020)
- Senior Night (6 May 2020)
- LGL Wednesday (13 May 2020)
- Flubbernubber (20 May 2020)
- HS Mobilize Retreat (9–12 June 2020)
- Summer Trip (24–29 June 2020)
What This Means for Students and Student Life Group Leaders:
EVERY MONDAY (HS Students), from 5:30 to 8:30 PM, Nick and Erik will be driving by HS student homes!• HS Students: Come out on your porch to get a treat slingshot at your face and talk to Nick and Erik at a safe distance.
- EVERY WEDNESDAY, at 6:00 PM, the LSM Team will be LIVE on Zoom for our Wednesday Night programming which will include worship, teaching and LG’s.
• At 5:45–6:00 PM, the Zoom session will open.
• At 6:00–7:00 PM, ALL Student Ministry students and leaders will jump onto Zoom to watch the LIVE programming together.
• At 7:00-7:30 PM, the LSM Team will create breakout groups (through Zoom) for each Student LG to discuss the teaching and LG questions together.
- EVERY THURSDAY (MS Students), from 1:00 to 2:00 PM on Zoom, Nick Rogers (Student Minister) will be on Nickelodeon LIVE for MS Students.
• The LIVE session will be a crazy time of fun!
ALL UPCOMING EVENTS in April, May and June have been officially cancelled. (See above for more details.)
How to Access "Legacy Student Ministry" Facebook Group Page:
- Click this link Legacy Student Ministry FB Page OR go to Facebook, log in to your account, search for "Legacy Student Ministry" (there are a few group pages with the same name; students are worshipping in the page header and the page description says, "A community of students desiring to live out the gospel").
How to Access "legacystudentministry20" Instagram Page:
- Click this link Legacy Student Ministry IG Page OR go to Instagram, log in to your account, search for "legacystudentministry20" (students are worshipping in the profile picture and the page description says, "A community of students desiring to live out the gospel").
- This is a new account, so please jump on and follow us.
How to Access "Legacy Student Ministry" YouTube Page:
- Click this link Legacy Student Ministry OR go to YouTube, log in to your account, search for "Legacy Student Ministry," subscribe to the channel (students are worshipping in the profile picture).
Please contact the church office (903-892-1476) if you have any questions about the information provided above or if you are not getting the weekly text (parents and students) or weekly email (parents).
We understand this is an uncertain and confusing time for our world, but we ask that you remain faithful in prayer and stay connected with gospel community, by using the gift of technology, until the need for social distancing diminishes.
Trusting in Christ,
The Legacy Student Ministry Team